If you’re planning a guest post campaign, you really need to make sure you’re using high quality content. With so many others trying to publish stories on the Internet, it’s important that you take steps to make sure you stand out from everyone else.
We’ve collected some great advice from various sources. Reading and putting the tips below to work will help you get guest posts placed on bigger and better blogs. And this is something that is definitely worth your time. A little effort can go a long way in helping you succeed.
Writing a Top Notch Guest Post
Here are some of the main things you need to do to make sure you come up with a guest post that is easy to place.
- Identify Online Publication – Before you even begin writing, you want to check out the website you’re thinking of sending the guest post submission. Take a little time to browse around and actually read the content they publish. This will give you an idea of what they want so you can increase your chances of getting accepted.
- Brainstorm Ideas – After you’ve studied your target, you should sit down – or go for a walk – and brainstorm ideas. Write everything down in this step. Don’t worry about bad ideas. You never know when typing out a bad idea will lead to a good one following right after it. At the end of this step you should have quite a bit of information about possible topics.
- Choose a Topic – Using the notes you took during your brainstorming, take some more time to carefully choose a topic to write about – including a headline that pops. If you have a boring headline, the editor or webmaster is not even going to want to open your document and read your article.
- Research Thoroughly – After you’ve chosen your topic, you should go out and research as much as you can. You don’t want to copy anything, but take notes then begin to write out the article. Starting with the headline and several subheads is a good way to get started.
- Edit and Edit Again – When you’ve finished writing the article, set it aside for a little bit. If you can do this for a day or two it’s going to help even more. When you do go back to the article, the time away will let you look at it with fresh eyes. Edit until the piece really shines.
- Send and Be Patient - When you’re happy with the article, send it away, paying close attention to how the editor wants to receive the text. This will vary from website to website. Be patient after you send it and don’t bug the webmaster about the status of your submission. This is not going to help and could work against you.
By following the tips above, you can increase your chances of getting a guest post successfully accepted – even an authority publication. Not everyone has the skills to write something that others will want to read. This is why it sometimes makes sense to call in the experts.